Co-sponsored by The Emergency Fund Coalition for Older Philadelphians and The Pennsylvania Aging, Utilities and Economic Education Consortium
When: Wednesday November 18, 2009, 1:30 PM- 4:30 PM
Where: PCA, 642 N. Broad St, 2nd Floor Auditorium
To Register: Email mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-765-9000 x4470
Deadline: Monday November 16, 2009
Large cutbacks for LIHEAP are proposed… A cold/snowy winter is predicted…. The best social worker is an informed social worker! Hear what you can do to advocate for low income elderly, and learn from the experts about the latest in senior assistance during the approaching winter months.
Program Highlights: Keynote Address- Advocacy Issues, Jennifer Carmody, CARIE (Coalition of Advocates for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly)
- Current Status- Federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) and Crisis Programs
- Energy Coordinating Agency
- The Utility Emergency Services Fund
- The PCA Emergency Fund
- Increased benefits through SNAP (Food Stamp Program)
- Utility company programs for low income customers
- Legal protections regarding utility issues.
Source: Philadelphia Corporation for Aging