Meet Ernestine Shepherd
And now it’s time for all of us to feel really, really lazy and out-of-shape. 73-year-old Ernestine Shepherd of Baltimore is a grandma, goes to church regularly . . . oh, and she’s the Guinness world record holder for the world’s OLDEST female bodybuilder…
Here are some of the craziest facts about her:
· She didn’t start exercising until she was 56.
· She wakes up at 3:00 A.M. every morning (–literally a full HOUR before everyone else her age) to run and lift weights.
· She runs 80 miles per week and does 5Ks in about 28 minutes (–for about nine minute miles). She’s also finished EIGHT marathons.
· She bench presses 150 pounds . . . about 30 pounds more than her body weight.
· She’s been married for 53 years and has a 13-year-old granddaughter.
· She won a bodybuilding contest in 2008, beating many much younger women. According to a former Mr. Universe, Yohnnie Shambourger, quote, “She’s special because no one can have that kind of muscle at her age.”
· She doesn’t take any supplements because she doesn’t know what they’d do to her “old body.”
· Her idol is SYLVESTER STALLONE in “Rocky” and her dream is to personally train MICHELLE OBAMA.
Here’s a video of Ernestine, you can see her and her ripped body in action.