Remember that the 2011 Regional Conference on Aging is coming up (September 19th to September 22nd). In addition to a great line up of regular workshops (see www.pcacares.org in the upper right hand corner of the web page) there are a series of lunch time events including discussions and resource tables on topics of interest to GenPhilly members. Many of the presenters are people active in GenPhilly.
Below please find a list of the Lunch Time Program and resource tables for each day. All events are held at PCA.
Lunch Time Program
PCA Second Floor Classroom
12:30pm – 1:15pm
Topics & Speakers
- Monday – 9/19
- “Caregiver GPS: Helping Caregivers Navigate Critical Transitions in Care”
- Speaker: Michele Mathes, JD, Education Director and Director of Research Programs at the Center for Advocacy for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly (CARIE).
- Tuesday – 9/20
- Walkability & Senior Health: Mapping the Results of a PCA Study
- Speakers: Lauren Ring, GIS Services, PCA &Allen Glicksman, Director of Research, PCA
- Wednesday – 9/21
- The Delaware Valley LGBT Elder Initiative (LGBTEI)
- Speakers: Heshie Zinman, former Executive Director of The AIDS Information Network & Terri Clark, MPH, CHES, Prevention Services Coordinator at ActionAIDS, co-chairs of the Delaware Valley LGBTEI.
- Thursday – 9/22
- Urban Community Gardening with Seniors
- Speakers: Jamie Johns, MSW, Social Service Program Coordinator, The Salvation Army, Philadelphia, Social Service Ministries and Julie Umstead
The Resource Room, located in Conference Room R along with the Registration Desk, will have 7-9 tables staffed daily from Noon – 1:30 pm. Participants will change daily, and there will be a general theme each day that will highlight the various organizations who will be participating.
- Monday, 9/19 Age-Friendly Initiatives
- Tuesday, 9/ 20 Harnessing Technology to Enhance Services to Seniors
- Wednesday, 9/21 Gardening and Food Access
- Thursday, 9/ 22 Volunteer & Community Initiatives